New Lungs I
This show was inspired by a grand rounds lecture on the current state of lung transplant medicine given by Dr. Randall Young. His bio can be found here.
Before you listen to the episode, please check out the talk below!
Stay tuned for New Lungs II, a 1 on 1 interview with Dr. Young.
- Single (end stage COPD, IPF, sarcoid, etc.)
- Bilateral (CF, bronchiectasis, pulm HTN..)
- Heart-lung (any cause of cardiopulmonary failure i.e. congenital defects, PHTN + RV failure, etc.)
- United Network For Organ Sharing - UNOS
- Organ Procurement Organizations - OPOs
- Lung Transplant Centers
- Hyperacute rejection - resembles ARDS
- Acute rejection - diagnosed histologically; otherwise asymptomatic
- Chronic rejection - obstructive physiology; 20% drop in FEV1